What is Intellectual Capital (IC)

IC is the sum of everything everybody in a company knows that gives competitive edge. IC is intellectual material – knowledge, information, intellectual property and experience which can be used to create wealth. Unlike the ‘classical’ assets people are familiar with, IC is intangible.

Why manage IC

In the past we had more products of a physical nature, today, knowledge is the key source of competitive advantage in the global market. This shift reversed the historical pattern where tangibles made up 80% of corporate value. Today, the exact opposite is true. Tangibles make up just 18% of corporate value and the remaining 82% is intangible.

So, if you don’t manage your intangibles you are not managing 82% of your organisation!!

Our unique approach.

Most often organisation focus on how to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of companies. They often ignore the explicit value of knowledge processing and creation. Notably, Knowptima are front runners in measuring the current and future potential value of intangible assets. After all, like Peter Drucker puts it…"you can't manage what you can't measure."

Realising real value of Intellectual Capital (IC) assets is our business.

We will work with you every step of the way to increase the understanding of your intangible assets and the competitive advantage they convey.

Talk to us about:

  • Measuring your innovation, creativity and desirability
  • Discovering new opportunities in emerging markets
  • Leadership in the Knowledge Economy
  • Compliance to IFRS/ IAS 38 Intangible Assets
  • Objectively measuring goodwill and understanding your total value to support decisions during Joint Ventures, Mergers & Acquisitions
  • Attracting investors by demonstration potential value
  • Securing continuous customer satisfaction and service delivery even in high turnover environments
  • Linking cost to value added for your investments in people, processes and systems